Friday, January 22, 2010

Revival of the Blog

I first began this blog in 2006, during my Episcopal Service Corps internship year in Omaha, Nebraska (Resurrection House). The idea was to chronicle my year of vocational discernment there, and wherever that might lead me.

Three years later, I am a junior (first-year) seminarian at Sewanee: The University of the South, and a Postulant for Holy Orders (for you non-Episcopalians out there, that means I'm in the second of three stages on my way to ordination as an Episcopal priest). Somehow, in the midst of my actual discernment process for the priesthood once I moved to Atlanta, I stopped keeping up with this blog. It seems now might be a good time to revive it.

I will attempt to post fairly regular reflections on my journey to the priesthood, and God willing, once I am ordained, I will continue to use this space to reflect, since I will never NOT be "seeking the call."

For now, I will be posting lots of things retroactively. As I write this post on Jan. 22, 2010, I have not updated this blog since the fall of 2007. I'm going to attempt to "fill in the blanks" now and post-date the entries for easy recovery later.

Grace and peace be with you, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment