Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Year Two, Week Two

I am now in my second (or "middler") year of seminary. This fall, I'm taking classes in Episcopal Church history, pastoral theology, preaching (a.k.a. homiletics), and New Testament. I'm excited to be getting to the specifically "priestly" aspects of my theological education -- discussing what it means to be "ordained" in pastoral theology, reflecting on the practice of preaching in homiletics class.

I'm also taking a course in Pastoral Spanish, teaching me the basics of Spanish as well as vocabulary and language of Christian faith and the Book of Common Prayer -- things I would need for ministering in a Spanish-speaking context. Taking Spanish has been "on my list" of things to do for quite a while now, so I'm very excited to be taking this class and that Sewanee offers this as one of their three language offerings to seminarians (the other two are the biblical languages, ancient Hebrew and Greek).

No comments:

Post a Comment