Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Haifa: Baha'i World Faith Center

I'm posting this a bit after the fact -- I didn't even realize until the other night that I hadn't posted anything about the Baha'i World Faith Center in Haifa. Perhaps it was because my writing that day was spent reflecting on the death of my childhood pet, Snowy, I'm not sure. But I don't really have much to say about my experience at the Baha'i gardens in Haifa, except that they certainly were beautiful. I didn't find my visit there to be as meaningful of a "religious" or "spiritual" experience as it was to visit the shrine of Baha'u'llah, probably because I don't know as much about the Bab, the figure who is buried in Haifa, or about his writings, as I do about Baha'u'llah. What I do have to say I'll say in pictures...







No comments:

Post a Comment